Did you know in 1991 there was only one website online? And According to Interlivestats.com there are approximately 1 billion sites online today. So, what does this have to do with “The secret to building a successful website post? let’s continue on.
Did you also know there are fewer websites right now than there were in 2014? Here is what Intervlivestats says about this phenomena.
After reaching 1 billion websites in September of 2014, a milestone confirmed byNetCraft in its October 2014 Web Server Survey and that Internet Live Stats was the first to announce (see the tweet from the inventor of the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee) the number of websites in the world has subsequently declined, reverting back to a level below 1 billion. This is due to the monthly fluctuations in the count of inactive websites.
The reason there are fewer websites today than a few years ago is that many people, bloggers or businesses are having a hard time making it successful.
So they abandon or stop building the site. Sometimes the owners run out of money or the company goes bankrupt. There goes the company and the website!
It takes time, money, good people and research to build a site worth having.
Use common sense when building your website. Think long term. Be careful with the tons of scams and get rich quick schemes that aren’t so easy to spot or see.
The Secret to building a Successful Website
- Plan out first. Make sure it is a viable and profitable niche by doing keyword research. Remember to think long term. Most successful websites took at least 6 months to get there, some took years!
- Will your niche website be profitable? Research it by going to Google Trends or use MOZ’s keyword explorer. The more search volume the better. Wordstreams tool is also a good way to find valuable information. Remember 80 or 100 search volume per month is the minimum. Anything less than that is not a good keyword to use.
- Write content that inspires your potential reader to want more. Make them want to follow you wherever you go, whether it’s on social media or joining your newsletter or giving them information about your latest products or services.
- Choose the right domain name. Stay away from hyphened or dash domain names. Also, keep away from long names and try to use your niche keyword in your domain name. Use Bustaname.com site to find the right name for you. Stick with the dot-com extension. If not the dot org or dot net will work just as well.
- Use the right plugins to help get your website successful. Here is a list of a few plugins.
- Yoast great for SEO. WP super cache will help make your site load faster. WordPress spam shield.
- Use images along with your content to help explain or visualize your posts or pages.
- Never give up and write, research and write some more. Within time your WordPress website will become successful.
Paul Guzman WordPress Blogger, Advisor, and loves to help other WordPress website users become successful. Father, Husband, Grandfather and all around good guy.