How to increase SEO ranking in google? An Internet marketing friend of mine asked me recently “what is the trick to getting good rankings in Google”? I was taken aback with the question! I thought is there really a trick or is there a complete guide that tells us everything?
Best SEO guide for SEO
The amount of bad, good and ugly information on SEO is staggering. Hundreds of SEO experts seem to have the answer but most fall short on this. I get bombarded with emails, advertisements, and phone calls from marketers telling me they will get my sites top rankings on Google for X amount of dollars.
I’ve used and paid for numerous but all have failed miserably! Really, they have.
According to Google’s own search engine guidelines here is what they have to say.
Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site.
How to increase SEO ranking in google
There are SEO programs, tools, and websites that help many neophyte bloggers, and online entrepreneurs get their website top billing on all the Search engines. Many do work to a certain degree. The majority are outdated and some recommend some shady SEO advice!
I do not have SEO specialists that work on our site, nor do I recommend any company that helps with website rankings. But, we will at some point post a review of many SEO-friendly companies in the very near future.
My tips for a beginner SEO WordPress website.
- Write and publish content that your readers will love. Everything else is secondary.
- Post and write often. Research your content, then formulate your thoughts and ideas then start typing it out on a word document.
- Use a good keyword tool to improve your chances of getting your post top rankings for your chosen keywords.
- Use Yoast.com to help you write better SEO’d pages, posts, titles, meta, social and much more. Yes, the free version works fine.
- Make your site mobile friendly. Adding a free mobile plugin will work.
- Learn how to speed up your WordPress Site. But, do not go crazy over trying to force that one-millionth of a second faster page!
- If you haven’t already please join Google Webmaster Tools. These Google tools are designed to help the newbie user get their websites rank in the organic search results pages. That means free traffic!
- Your posts should be at least 300 words long. Longer well-researched posts will work best.
- Try to use keywords that have the same meaning. Use them in the Title tag then use a different word with same meaning in body post.
- Use Grammarly to check your grammar and spelling. It is important but, do not become obsessed with it.
Other SEO factors
Yes, there are many other factors involved with SEO such as backlinks, domain age, outbound and inbound links and a plethora of more ways to help improve your website SEO.
But, this post is basically for beginners or intermediate bloggers.
Paul Guzman WordPress Blogger, Advisor, and loves to help other WordPress website users become successful. Father, Husband, Grandfather and all around good guy.